That means graduates of the Renegade Harley-Davidson Riding Academy DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE THE RIDING PORTION OF THE EXAM FOR THEIR MOTORCYCLE ENDORSEMENT AT THE DMV!
- In the classroom, you'll get to know the motorcycle you'll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
- On the practice range, you'll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
The card may also score you a discount on motorcycle insurance. Ask your H-D dealer and insurance provider for details.
For the riding portion, the H-D dealer will provide you with a motorcycle suited for the course. You'll have to bring:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants,
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves,
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
You'll be riding a 2015 H-D Street 500cc from Renegade Harley-Davidson, a light, easy to handle sport bike with a rider-friendly design that will have you feeling in control.
- Misses any portion of the required classroom or range time for any reason
- Is dismissed from class for unruly / unsafe actions
- Drops out
- Is disrespectful or reckless and a dismissal is required
- Arrives at the range without required safety gear
- Fails riding test or written test
- There will be a $100.00 re-schedule fee if you do not make your scheduled class date.