A proven blend of classroom instruction and range riding, the Harley-Davidson Riding Academy delivers the basics of motorcycle operation in Harley-Davidson style. You'll learn from devoted instructors certified by both the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and Harley-Davidson to create a relaxed, supportive environment that fosters camaraderie and confidence. And after passing a written and riding skills evaluation, you'll receive an MSF Rider Course Completion Card as well as possibly qualify for discounts on insurance. But more than that, you'll begin a journey that lasts a lifetime.
Renegade Harley-Davidson is now a Certified Motorcycle Public Tag Agent! That means graduates of the Renegade Harley-Davidson Riding Academy do NOT have to take the riding portion of the exam for their motorcycle endorsement at the DMV. We are proud and excited to announce we are the First Dealership in the state to have this Certification!
The New Rider Course provides you with 25 hours of expert guidance from Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and H-D Certified Instructors.
- In the classroom, you'll get to know the motorcycle you'll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
- On the practice range, you'll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
GETTING YOUR LICENSE
When you finish the course, you'll get a MSF Basic RiderCourse Completion Card. Depending on your state, this card may exempt you from having to take the riding portion of your motorcycle license test. The card may also score you a discount on motorcycle insurance. Ask Renegade Harley-Davidson and insurance provider for details.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
For the New Rider Course, you'll need a valid automobile driver's license or learner's permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle. For the riding portion, the H-D dealer will provide you with a motorcycle suited for the course. You'll have to bring:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants,
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves,
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
- Ask about gear discounts for students enrolled in the class
- Class fee $295.00
ABOUT THE MOTORCYCLE
You'll be riding a H-D Street 500cc from Renegade Harley-Davidson, a light, easy to handle sport bike with a rider-friendly design that will have you feeling in control.
NO REFUNDS GIVEN IF A STUDENT:
- Misses any portion of the required classroom or range time for any reason
- Is dismissed from class for unruly / unsafe actions
- Drops out
- Is disrespectful or reckless and a dismissal is required
- Arrives at the range without required safety gear
- Fails riding test or written test
- There will be a $100.00 re-schedule fee if you do not make your scheduled class date.